Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Forever Tony




I'm not going to pretend I have anything novel to say about the shocking news out of Italy.

The world lost the greatest TV actor of all times today. But James Gandolfini was so much more than just a great actor. He was a cultural icon, an American legend as Tony Soprano. I feel like I've lost a family member. Who didn't love THE SOPRANOS? The anchor of the greatest show in TV history is gone at 51. Wow! All I can say is what I've been saying for the past ten years: Nothing will EVER touch THE SOPRANOS. And Gandolfini's untimely death will surely launch Tony Soprano's historical spot into the stratosphere. But anyone who ever watched five minutes of the HBO classic already knows where he ranks on the list of TV greats.

Bobby was right when he told Tony, in the end the lights go out, there's nothing.

I'm devastated.

Read More: http://t.entertainment.msn.com/james-gandolfini-sopranos-star-dead-at-51-1

Brian Huba
6/19/13

No comments:

Post a Comment