Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Twelve Firings of Brian


It may surprise you to hear that I was not always the captain of industry I am today. As Christmas 2013 comes close, I reflect on my station in life, and think wow how have I reached so high? Respected (downright revered) by my colleagues, making well over 17,000 a year, and pretty much killing it on a daily basis. My path to such heights wasn’t easy. In fact, it was pretty weird. I wrote a holiday song about it called “The Twelve Firings of Brian.” Here it goes.


Oh the first time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, washing dishes at the Villa Valenti

Oh the second time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, caught giving out free turkey from the Price Chopper deli

Oh the third time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, told by Grand Union “you’re not supermarket material-e”

Oh the fourth time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, found sleeping on Taft Furniture’s inventory

Oh the fifth time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, an administrative assistant at Orange Ford & Mercury

Oh the sixth time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, driving an ice cream truck through the inner city

Oh the seventh time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, some office place in Latham that did the deed immediately

Oh the eighth time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, assistant leasing manager at a Chrysler joint called Armory

Oh the ninth time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, at Mary Jane Books, bounced out by a peace-loving hippie

Oh the tenth time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, vacuuming cars at Hoffman’s on Central Ave. in Albany

Oh the eleventh time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, a Barcelona's busser till they got sick of sharing tips w/ yours truly

Oh the twelfth time a fired, when the boss got rid of me, dishwashing with a bachelor’s at a retirement community


For those who fired me, it’s rather obvious you had a reason. With that said, I hope you and yours have a happy holiday season!

Brian Huba
12.8.13

No comments:

Post a Comment